Skype is, with no uncertainty, one of the most established voice over the Internet protocol application. Throughout the long term, it has collected a great many clients from all over the world.
It has set the guide to consistent voice and video discussions that permit individuals, whether they are living abroad or on the other end of the country, to participate in the detailed arguments, all with a click.
Despite the fame it has gained or the application’s convenience, there may be a time when you either do not have any use of a VoIP administration any longer or need to change to a more feature-rich application.
This article will talk about deleting Skype and how to prevent the deletion of Skype from deleting your Outlook or Xbox Live account as well since they are linked.
How To Save Other Accounts When Deleting Skype
Before you delete your account and profile, you must unlink the email ID you have been utilizing for Skype.
You would risk losing admittance to the wide range of various services connected to the email if you overlook or disregard this step. Here is what you can do to disconnect the other linked accounts.
- Open your browser and go to Skype’s official website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Find the option that says Settings and Preferences.
- Look for Account settings under that option.
- Here, you will find the option of linking or unlinking your Microsoft/ Xbox Live, Outlook account.
- Unclick and confirm to continue.
Once you have done this, your other accounts will be safe, and you will be able to carry on terminating the services.
How To Cancel Your Skype Subscription
If you have been a daily user of skype, chances are you have already subscribed to the paid version of skype. And if you are serious about the account deletion, then you need to cancel this as well.
The steps to this are straightforward;
- Open Microsoft services and subscription.
- Sign in to your account.
- Look for the option ‘Skype Subscription’ at the top of the page.
- Select Payment and billing.
- Click cancel, and from here on, the instructions will be on-screen, and you will have to follow them.
Once you have completed this as well, you can move on with deleting the account.
How To Delete Skype Account On Desktop
Skype does not have a fast delete button, but most applications do not either. Nowadays, pretty much every service organization is removing the “delete” or “eliminate” controls with a short form or a rundown of checkboxes so clients don’t recklessly delete their records.
Also, these services currently take half a month or more to handle the clients’ account cancellation demand, except that they will change their minds during the time they process the account.
To delete your Skype account permanently, follow these steps;
- Open your Skype account and look for the profile icon.
- Click on that and choose the option labeled Settings.
- A drop menu will open. Here you will choose the option called Account and Profile.
- On this page, there will be a close account option at the end of the page.
- Before deleting, Skype will ask you to confirm some previously entered information. It will also ask you to re-enter the password.
- A window will open where they have given some instructions. Any instructions that apply to you, you have to follow.
- Then there will be a checklist that will confirm your decision to close the account and its consequences. Please select all of them for deletion.
- Once you have completed all these steps, you will no longer have a Skype account.
- Skype will delete your account in 60 days, along with any personal information.
How To Delete Skype Account On Mobile
When it comes to deleting skype on mobile, it is pretty much a similar process. Following the steps that are listed above, you will be able to delete your skype account successfully.
However, this option does not seem to work on mobiles at the moment. To properly delete the account and ensure its termination, we suggest that you opt for a laptop or desktop.
So What Happens If You Delete The Account?
Your complete chat and data that you shared with friends or mutual on Skype will erase it forever when Microsoft deletes your Skype account. At this point, you will not have the option to get to old chat, records, and discussions. Fortunately, you can transfer and back up your chats and documents before terminating your Skype account.
To do that, all you have to do is log into your account. Then download a copy of all your chats and documents. You will have the option of downloading just conversations or documents as well.
Along with files and documents, you can also download a copy of all your skype contacts, which will help you in the future.
However, remember that Skype will delete your account in 60 days, and after that, there will be no way of reactivating it and getting all the data you lost.
Alternative To Skype
You have been unhappy with Skype services and wanted to delete the account. Now that you have done that, here are some other applications that you might like better than Skype.
- Google Hangouts.
Google Hangouts is one of the alternatives to Skype. It has impressive features, including high definition video calls, fast messaging, and clear audio. It is effortless to use and has both free and paid versions to meet their customers’ needs.
This free app provides its customers with calls that are free of cost, messaging, and video calls. You can use it on both mobile or desktop. Its quality is not that great as compared to Google Hangouts.
Zoom is recently the most used app in the world. It has a clear voice, high-quality video calls, and multiple features, including screen presentations, private messaging, and stickers.
With a changing world and modern technologies, it is best to adapt and improve. And having the best services while doing that is always helpful.
Planet FreeVPN for [platform]
on VPNBase rating