Google Play described how it fought against malicious applications and unscrupulous developers in 2019.
Thus, thanks to the update of the rules in 2018, Google was able to reduce the number of applications with user personal information by 98%. The remaining 2% are applications in which access to this information is necessary for basic functions.
In May 2019, a new rule was also introduced for the “Familywide Apps” program. Since then, Google Play has updated and in some cases removed tens of thousands of apps to ensure content security for all ages.
In addition, Google has updated Google Play Protection, which scans more than 100 billion apps daily and alerts users to potential threats.
Last year Google Play Protection prevented the installation of more than 1.9 billion malicious programs from third-party resources.
Google plans to further improve its platform in 2020. Work will continue in the following directions:
- Strengthen application security policies to protect user privacy.
- Increase the speed of detection of attackers and blocking accounts of regular intruders.
- Detecting and removing applications with malicious content.
Planet FreeVPN for [platform]
on VPNBase rating